The Wall Road Journal’s Own Finance bureau seeks a reporter to cover the pursuit of happiness, by which we suggest not just a better mood, but a greater existence.
You will dig into the ever-shifting obstacles and avenues to wealth and prosperity in The united states, emerging threats to our financial wellbeing, and how the largest news stories of the day strike our wallets.
Personalized finance is not just about shelling out, preserving, borrowing and investing, but coming to conditions with our fears and desires. A great deal of the classic economic playbook is getting revised in actual time during this era of significant stress and anxiety, superior inflation, and Great Resignation. Amid the crucial issues in this article: How are individuals redefining the superior lifetime? Wherever are persons running into issues? And what can they do about it?
This defeat is an option to inform unique stories that support persons deal with economic worries at each and every everyday living stage. The objective is to change the way folks chat and feel about funds and life, to use words and phrases, movie, audio, and charts to deliver exclusive and practical journalism that aids readers’ pursuit of richer lives for by themselves and their liked ones.
There is no GPS product for navigating income and daily life selections, but your coverage ought to help individuals steer them selves in the suitable route.
In this career, you will:
- Soar on information and location story angles and tendencies that maintain us in advance of the levels of competition.
- Compose often and will pursue long, medium and brief-time period tales, typically collaborating with other reporters in our newsroom.
- Be aspect of an revolutionary, nimble bureau that forges tight connections with its audience. The chances for experimentation are a lot of, as are the off-platform areas of the career, from podcast interviews to are living occasions to Twitter videos.
- Passion for spotting the great story angles other individuals move by.
- Knowledge of cash and finance, and can display a keep track of file of creating demanding, readable journalism in private finance.
- Fanatical devotion to fairness, accuracy and depth.
You will report to Jeremy Olshan, bureau main for Personalized Finance. Even though you will probably start out remotely, the work is centered in New York.
To apply, be sure to post your resume, a go over letter outlining how you would tactic the job and examples of your do the job.
To apply, go in this article.