The 3 working day celebration was attended by the British Embassy Brussels and Belgium’s Financial Mission to the United Kingdom, led by Her Royal Highness Princess Astrid.
Belgium’s Ministry of Overseas Affairs described the economic mission to the British isles as “one of the most significant ever organised”. The British isles is Belgium’s greatest non-EU buying and selling companion and between the major 5 investors in Belgium. In 2021 Belgium was the seventh most significant consumer of Uk items, and the sixth premier provider of merchandise to the United kingdom.
More than 400 members and 214 organizations and organisations (like sector federations, universities and chambers of commerce) were being on the trade delegation. These bundled:
- Federal Electricity Minister: Tinne Van der Straeten
- Walloon Minister for the Economic climate and International Trade: Willy Borsus
- Flemish Minister-President: Jan Jambon
- Flemish Minister for the Financial system: Hilde Crevits
- Brussels Secretary of State for Overseas Trade: Pascal Smet
- Minister for Europe and North The us James Cleverly acquired the delegation. Bilateral meetings have been held amongst the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial System Kwasi Kwarteng and Federal Strength Minister Tinne Van der Straeten, and Minister for Vitality, Cleanse Progress and Weather Alter Greg Fingers and the Minister-President of Flanders Jan Jambon.
These meetings and the signing of a partnership settlement in between Agoria, Belgium’s engineering federation, and the UK’s Electrical power Market Council underline the relevance of vitality as a vital driver for Uk-Belgium cooperation and stick to on from the signing of a Memorandum of Being familiar with on Vitality in February 2022.
Secretary of State for International Trade Penny Mordaunt satisfied the Belgian business enterprise neighborhood at a lunch organised by the Federation of Belgian Organizations (FEB-VBO) and the Confederation of British Market.
9 other Memoranda of Comprehension had been signed and 2 key Belgian investments in the United kingdom inaugurated – an built-in squander-to-electricity internet site for the Indaver organization in Rivenhall, and the design of a brand name-new study and development facility for the Belgian pharmaceutical corporation UCB in Windlesham.
In addition to strong and lively financial and business enterprise relations, the Uk and Belgium share popular values and near historic ties. Princess Anne and Princess Astrid laid a wreath at the Edith Cavell Monument in London in tribute to the British nurse who pioneered the growth of health care in Belgium.